Wednesday, February 20, 2013

9 month dr visit

We visited Dr. Tolba for Callen's nine month check up. He weighed in at 24 pounds 2 ounces (97%) and was 2 feet 5 inches (73%). His height percentage used to be greater than his weight percentage but since his six month check up Callen did more growing out and around than up. We'll work on that for next time. 
I told the doctor I was concerned about his ears and sure enough he had an ear infection. I thought I was just teething but alas, it was more. Thankfully, we were written a prescription for Amoxicillin and hope that will clear things up. 
Dr. Tolba said he is all clear to eat all food expect honey and wait until twelve months to introduce cows milk. He wants Callen off the bottle by twelve months so I need to use sippy cups more and more.
The last, and my favorite, question he always asks is, "Do you and dad find time to spend together alone out of the house?" I love it when my doctor looks after my own mental health and marital well being.
We walked away with only two shots. A follow up Hepatitis B and his second flu shot.

No comments: