Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Weekend

I am so sad that the weekend is over! It went by wayyyy too fast. My Mom, Makenzie, Kelsey, and her friend Sara arrived Thursday morning at 3:30 AM after driving from Carlsbad. Friday morning Kelsey, Sara and I woke up for my 8:00 class and it was snowing.

They enjoyed learning about Orthopedic Impairments and Western Humanities. After class we went to Einstein Bagels for breakfast. (It might sound like we ate a lot and its because we did.) Then we sat around and talked and went to get lunch at Burger Supreme because my mom was craving fry sauce. Sara LOVED her first experience of fry sauce. Tristan hates the stuff and I love it so its always an ongoing argument. Next we went to the Draper Temple open house. It was absolutely beautiful with its earth tone interiors and huge chandeliers. I want to decorate my house with the furniture they used... it looked like it was straight out of Anthropologie. I tried stealing a couch but they caught me :) We had a fun time teaching Sara all about temples. As you can see it was a bit cold. We had to park and wait in a chapel, watch a video, and then take a bus over to the temple. This is us in the process. Once we arrived we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Jensen and the Barney clan.






After the temple all 15 of us went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. Yummy!


After dinner we stopped by Spoon Me (an ice cream place that is SUPER trendy and you have to be good looking to eat there, seriously) because Kelsey wanted to get a shirt and take some pictures.

After Spoon Me we played some Wii and then went to YoZone for ice cream (its better ice cream) and Kelsey and Sara thought it was funny that it was 20 degrees outside and we were eating ice cream. The reality of it is that ice cream is fabulous anytime of the year.


Saturday, Tristan went snowboarding at Snowbird with the Barney's

while i went shopping with the girls in Provo and at the Gateway in Salt Lake. Later that day we all ended up at the Grandparents house for some dinner and a Valentines Day movie.
Sunday we hung out all day and then Tristan, Kelsey, Sarah and I visited temple square. Beautiful as always.




7 comments:

Our Little Family said...

What a fun trip! It is always so nice to have family come and visit your place!

Shawn Perdue said...

Be strong, Tris. Fry sauce is crap.

Dngr Dave said...

I was so jealous when your mom told me they were going up to visit you. I'm so happy that you had a good time though. Family is the best. I need to come visit! Hey my sister is having her baby next month... maybe I can use that as an excuse (we both know the real reason I would be coming up:)
ps security word: barki

Dngr Dave said...

Haha. I'm on the computer at work. This is really Kristi, not some creeper. ps security word: berga

Dngr Dave said...

Oh and btw you look like a hot mama brit. Have you been working out?!

Nicole said...

Your family (or what I'm assuming to be your family/sisters?) is so cute! I loved the interior of the Draper Temple as well. I loved the color scheme the chandeliers were amazing as usual. I'm glad to see you guys doing well! Say hi to everyone in the ward for us!

Megan said...

oh britt!!! look like so much fun!!! i wish my fam came up like that! dang.... miss you!!!