I have been procrastinating updating our blog. Mostly because so much has happened and I don't know where to start...
14 days ago: Sunday, the day after the marathon we drove from St. George to Salt Lake to attend general conference in the conference center. It was a great experience, as usual, but interesting walking from the car to the conference center and down and up the stairs. Kelsey and I were slow going, to say the least. Everything hurt. It was fun to be with family for one more day.
Stairs.
13 days ago: Monday, an Elder asked me if my legs were handicapped or if I was sore. Apparently I was walking pretty awkwardly on Monday.
11 days ago: Wednesday, I completed the Hunger Games trilogy. Tris and I both read a borrowed copy of the first book and then decided we needed all three to ourselves. I loved them and highly recommend them.
9 days ago: Friday, Tristan had his 3rd flag football game of the season. He is playing on a team with friends from the masters program. They are undefeated going into their 4th game this Wednesday.
8 days ago: Saturday, it was BYU homecoming. Kelsey and I ran in the 5K Cougar run that took you around campus and ended on the outdoor track. Mind you, this was one week post marathon. Glad I participated but it was painful. My knee was hurting more than it had during the 26.2. I have not run since.
Our long time friends, the Jackson's, had their beautiful baby girl around 10 that morning. Olivia Jean, I love her to death.
Our Cougars played at home and finally put another W to their name against SDSU. It was the first cool game of the season and it finally felt like fall football.We went to cousin lunch before the game, as is tradition.
7 days ago: Sunday, Tristan and I taught our first Sunday school lesson from Isaiah. I just know people are sitting there thinking, "That girl has no idea what she's saying." That may be true. Next week I'll be teaching solo while Tristan is in San Diego for the weekend. Isaiah by myself...we may be watching a movie the entire class period.
After church we went to visit Becca, Ryan, and Olivia in the hospital. It was so fun to see a baby only 24 hours old. Olivia looks just like her mommy, what a sweetie pie.
6 day ago: Monday, Tristan and I watched The Event for its 3rd week on TV. Its our Monday night tradition with our neighbors the Spark's and the Nothum's. Its pretty intense.
5 days ago: Tuesday, Tristan and I took dinner to the Jackson's. We enjoyed Tristan's breakfast casserole, fruit smoothies and loving Olivia.
2 days ago: Friday night we went to Thanksgiving Point with Brady, Kelsey and our neighbors the Sparks and Nothums. It was a blast! They have three corn mazes, 2 not-so-spooky and 1spooky. We also went on a hayride, watched the pigs and enjoyed the Utah October night.
Ben and Megan
Spencer and Brady
Spencer and Brittany
Kelsey and Tal
1 day ago: Yesterday we crashed the Jackson's to watch the Cougs get beat by TCU. Come on guys! Tristan saw right through my request to go to their house. It wasn't to watch football, it was to hang with Olivia J.
I can't believe October is already halfway over.








6 comments:
Awwww man....we were there for the Sunday afternoon session of conference. I wish I would have know so we could have met up finally.
I'm glad to see Tristan was clean shaven for his falg football game :)
Olivia feels pretty darn lucky to be part of your most recent 14 day festivities! She loves her Auntie Brittany to death too.
Did I get the feeling that someone might fianlly be getting baby hungry? Haha. She does look like a sweet little baby:) And yeah sounds like you guys have been having tons of fun. Good times. Gatesti
looks like so much fun!!!!
oh and ps kels i have that same dress! we should wear it together and be twiners....
Post a Comment