Wednesday, April 27, 2011

a memory

Tonight was a good night. As I was pulling into our complex from a work dinner I saw all my favorite neighbors, outside, hanging out in the parking lot talking. It's what we do and I love it. It seems that we, the Perdues, the Nothums, and the Sparks, tend to meet up in the parking lot. It happens more than you think it would. We've had good conversations and laughs while mingling in the Lee Halladay's parking lot. I have a lot of good memories of us neighbors just chatting. We all have nothing to do but we all rather do nothing together. During the summer these meetings would happen quite frequently with the weather being so nice outside. These meetings would usually end with a BBQ or a dessert run. Today we congregated outside because our power went out. We chatted outside until we were all chilled and decided to move our party to Barnes and Noble were we continued our chat in the cafe and browsed the books. It makes me sad to think these parking lot rendezvous's will soon come to an end. The Nothums are moving back to St. Louis on Saturday and the Sparks are moving to Louisiana in July. Some of the best memories I have are with these neighbors in our complex having fun just being together. 
My memory: small, rather insignificant, but meaningful to me.

1 comment:

Megan and Ben said...

We will miss you guys too!!!