Monday, November 7, 2011

busy body

I had a perfect Saturday. Worth documenting, in my mind. Tristan was gone all day, at school, working on a project with his MISM buddies. I groggily said, "See ya hun. Have a good day!" as he walked out the door at 7:45am. Next thing I knew I was waking up at 10:30. I looked at the clock and smiled. I love uninterrupted sleep. My plan was to clean the house, all day. I did just that. I completed 6 loads of laundry washing basically everything in the house. I cleaned the fridge and rid it of unwanted items. I loaded the dishwasher, ran it, and unloaded it so every dish in the house was clean.  I dusted every surface. I wiped every blind. I even spot cleaned the walls, ceilings, and baseboards. I vacuumed the couch and the carpet. I disinfected the kitchen counters and moped the floor. Finally, I tackled the bane of my existence, cleaning the bathroom, ceiling to floor. 
Saturday's cleaning extravaganza was therapeutic and very rewarding. With Tris out of the way I was able to get everything done and it felt great to have the energy to want to clean all day.
In the middle if the day I took a break to hit the BYU Creamery with Kelsey. I loooooove the creamery. Kristi and I frequented it at least once a week our freshman year and it had a place in my heart. Kels and I ordered 2 ice creams and a cheeseburger. The cheeseburger was for me... yum. After the short distraction it was back to cleaning until Tris arrived home at 5. Shortly after the Jackson clan came over for homemade pizza, which I have been dying to make. We made one BBQ chicken pizza and one double pepperoni, pineapple, and green peppers pizza. 
It is always so fun and comfortable hanging out with the Jacksons. We have a lot in common, especially our love of food. Poor Olivia is so afraid of Tristan when he wears his glasses. In her eyes he must look a little something like this...
I would be afraid of that too Livy.
Tristan was nice enough to put his contacts in for this particular play date with Olivia.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Such a fun night! Yummy pizza. I'm making it for dinner again tonight! It's been 3 days, that's enough of a break I think :) I must say, your home did look exceptionally clean, well done! Livy much appreciated the non-glasses Tristan. She even smiled at him several times!! Again soon please.