Friday, March 16, 2012

pie day

Tristan informed me we missed celebrating national Pie Day. March 14th...3.14...get it? So of course we went to Costco for a Costco sized apple pie to belatedly celebrate this important holiday. If you remember, pie is number two on Tristan's list of things he's thankful for. Right behind me and right before Slurpee's. This might have to become a significant holiday in our household. And Costco pie is the best!

Thoughts:
My friend Janae has an amazing blog called The Hungry Runner Girl. She is a huge runner: aiming for a sub 3 marathon, sponsored, travels to race all over the US, and posts all about her workouts. Her blog is all about running and food, a lot of food, exactly what I love reading about. She recently announced she is pregnant, expecting her first in August. Could her blog be anymore geared toward what I love and am all about? Yesterday she posted a piece out of a book she is reading entitled, Mile Markers. 
These excerpts totally hit home and made me feel so much better about not feeling like runner right now. You are still, and always, a runner because it is something deep, something powerful, something untouchable, no matter your circumstance.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Brit I love this post! Janae is actually in my ward...and my visiting teacher! ha small world :) I love that girl. I Was so happy to see you the other night! I knew it was you from yelling my name, I didn't even need to look! Well I'm excited to see you soon! Rub the belly for me.