Mike and Kelly gave Tristan and I a dutch oven and all the accessories for Christmas, totally awesome, right?
I'm not much of a camper but I'm all for using my dutch oven on my front porch while I stay warm and clean inside my house but still have the benefit of eating delicious food. I fell in love with Kelly's delicious dutch oven meals last summer and I've been dying to try it out. I called my Grandpa Jensen and asked him how he makes his famous "Jensen dutch oven potatoes". He helped me out and gave me his tips and secrets. While Tris was in a meeting I got dinner started. Lit the charcoal in the chimney, never done that before. Spread out the coals and put the taders in the pot. Very proud of myself.
dutch oven right outside our front door
I put in potatoes, bacon, onion, jalapeno peppers, green bell peppers and salt and pepper. Delish!
I'll keep you updated on my other dutch oven adventures. I'm craving dutch oven cobbler. AH!
Thank you Perdue parents for the wonderful gift and thank you Grandma and Grandpa Jensen for all the help. We love you...and dutch oven food.
1 comment:
That looks delish! What a fun gift. I'll have to make some of those now.
Post a Comment