Saturday, January 22, 2011

inermountain health care

My first week on the new job is already over. It went by very fast and was quite overwhelming at times. It's never fun being the new girl, starting over at the bottom of the food chain, but this isn't the very bottom because I'm not learning everything, just learning the flow of the office.
Friday I said my goodbyes to my awesome coworkers, Craig, my boss, and the nurses. I became a little teary eyed once but other than that I was all smiles and ready to move on.
Megan and I worked the afternoon shift together. 
Elder Albright serves in the MTC. We arrived at the MTC around the same time and would play volleyball together a few times a week. Most awesome missionary.
Monday, I was at orientation bright and early. This lasted all day and by the end of the day my brain was fried. Too much new info. Tuesday I went to the Saratoga Springs office all day for training. This office is much slower than the Provo location which allowed me to learn and practice skills I'll need to know. I learned how to use the computer programs and how to put on and take off casts and fiberglass splints. Half an hour after I learned how to remove a cast using the cast saw I was able to put my skills to work on a real live 17 year old patient. The mother of the patient asked if I had ever done this before. My response, "Oh yea, plenty of times." The doctor backed me up, "She's a pro." HA! Wednesday and Thursday I was in the Provo office, where I will be working. This office is very fast paced in comparison. I was able to put casts on a few patients, teach exercises, fit braces, and assists the doctors. I finished up my first week in the Saratoga springs office on Friday. 
So far I am loving it. It is a good mix of sitting, doing stuff on the computer, and being up helping patients. For now, my normal schedule will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday all day with Wednesdays off. Working 4 days still gives my full time status (because the days are long) but also allows for what i hope will become "crafting/sleeping/working out/running errands Wednesday.  This Wednesday I am already planning on sewing a make-up bag and Tris and I are going to go up to Park City for the Sundance Film Festival with the Jacksons. We're hoping to see some celebs. Hopefully the second week is just as good as the first was.

1 comment:

Rondo Family said...

Whooo. You and Lance sound like you are going through the same crzy training thing. If you're as fried as he is then I pitty you. It's crazt business!!! dizintel.