Sunday, January 9, 2011

sewing with a singer

I opened my sewing machine a few days after Christmas for my first project: a pin cushion. It was a rough start that I have since overcome. I swear it was the machine but Tristan calls it "severe operator error". The point is that I have progressed since then. 
Today I attempted and completed my second project: a laptop case. It was a lot to think through because I had a basic idea I was going off of but I changed it a bit to add a flap. 
my supplies
 All done. Slip the laptop in....
 ...close the flap and done!
 Success!! My macbook is no longer homeless. 
Everyone once in a while this troublemaker came around to check up on me and offer his opinion.
I love sewing already.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Sooooo cute! Love love. Every laptop needs a home, that's so thoughtful of you :) It really is so stinkin' cute, good job Brit! I'm excited to see what else is up your sleeve!

Rondo Family said...

oh cute! And i haven't ventured into this yet, but if you're daring, then your machine can even make a button hole and you can sew a button on to hold your flap shut. super super cute though. and I'm so glad that you're not having problems anymore:)