Sunday, July 3, 2011

together again

Guess who is here! Tristan! And my family! Yay! It is so good to see everyone, especially my honey. I called Tristan Thursday afternoon as he was driving to the airport. He said he was not quite there yet but would call me once he got through security. Half an hour later I got a text from Kelly saying Tris left his phone in the car and when she tried to back and page him, he had already boarded. Awesome. I kept my phone with me all day in the event he tried to contact me. Sure enough, he called to say, "Pick me up at passanger pick up #4." The pick up went great, I eventually found him, waiting on the curb.
We kicked off July by hiking Mount Olympus on Friday. A tall mountain located south of Salt Lake. My Dad was our trail guide. We climbed its' steep slopes and had PB&J's at the stream.
On Saturday we hiked again, this time along a trail just 5 minutes from my grandparents home in Layton. This hike ended at a waterfall and had us scaling rocks, climbing up steep cliffs and crossing through the stream.
Today we are having a family reunion with my Mother's side. Grandpa Jensen is warming up the coals for our Dutch oven potatoes for dinner and peach cobbler for dessert.
I just love July.

1 comment:

Alyse said...

Yea! I am glad you guys get to see each other this weekend. Have a good time with your family.