Sunday, March 27, 2011

Alexis Kaufusi

I'll start this post by saying, cancer sucks. My friend, Alexis Kaufusi, was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma last month. Fus and I became friends while working summer sports camps in 2008. She is a member of the BYU women's basketball team and I was covering a few basketball camps. Our friendship solidified when we were on the same intramural softball team and she realized how bad I am at softball and hasn't stopped making fun of me since. It was one of the doctors at the clinic I work at who diagnosed her. Since then, Jessica (my co-athletic trainer) and I made purple t-shirts and wear purple ribbon on our badges to show our Kaufusi love. This girl is the most bubbly, loving, absolutely gorgeous person, even with no hair. No fair.
Visit her blog to check out her story. 
Also, grab a button and buy a wristband.
Photobucket
I love you Fus, keep fighting girlfriend.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love that you posted about this!!! And yes, I love the Brittany-Fus relationship, it makes me happy! :) She'll be one of my bridesmaids so that just gives you another excuse to come, and of course OJ will be there, and her parents are kind of cool too...love you!!!