Thursday, March 10, 2011

my favorite things

Friday before Valentines day its about 4:30 and I'm finishing up my long long work week. I send a friend a text and see that it did not go through. I blew it off thinking the network failed, whatever. At 5:00 i call Tristan as I am walking to my car. It rings a few times and then says call could not go through for a few reasons. I think, "Oh no, Tristan's phone is broken." I try a few more times on my way home and when I get home I see his car is there but he is no where to be found. I turn my phone off and reset it. Figuring he is at the neighbors I call my neighbor and once again get the same message. I now realize it is my lame phone that is broken. Seconds before a mental breakdown I see Tris walking over from the neighbors. I meet him at the front door complaining, "My phone is broken, it won't make calls!" He says, "It won't!? Lets see if it can receive calls." He takes out his phone to call my phone. I hear this strange noise. Wondering what the noise is Tristan now has to make it obvious for me, "Wonder what that is!? You should check my pocket." Out of his pocket, now sitting in my hand is my very own iPhone4. One or two tears may have been shed. Not sure if it was relief for my phone not being broken, the end of a long week, or actually having my own iPhone. Sheesh. I know phones are not a big deal to some people, but not me. I love my phone. I never thought I would ever have the iPhone but once Verizon and Apple struck their deal I could see there might be a possibility. This was  a total surprise. I have a sexy-awesome valentine. Thanks hun!
Next indulgence. Nike Free's. Tristan also spoiled me with some all black free's that I've had my eye on. People say they feel like walking on clouds and running barefoot. I have worn them to work almost every day since I got them and ran in them for the first time yesterday. Today my butt is sore, i'm not surprised. I have loved them so far and would totally recommend them. 
Next indulgence.  I love anything warm and cozy and anything Nike. While shopping in Sports Authority a month ago I spotted a must-have. A Nike-fleece-pull over-3/4 zip up-running jacket. Amazing. I also wear this almost every day. So warm, so cute and so comfy. Just my style. I pull it over a t-shirt with my khaki pants and suddenly look the atletic trainer part. Love it. 
You could say I'm in a 4-way relationship. Lets just look at like my phone, frees and jacket keep me company while Tristan's away.

No comments: