Thursday, March 10, 2011

rice owl

I found an adorable pattern online for a rice bag in the shape of an owl. Tristan introduced me to the rice bag. Rice in a sock, stick it in the microwave and heat it for about 3 minutes and you have a homemade hot pack that will stay warm for about 15 minutes. Stick it in your bed to warm your sheets, put it on your cramping uterus or stick it on sore muscles. It very useful. One of the doctors I work for overheard me giving this idea to a patient and she thought it was brilliant so I made a cute little rice owl for her birthday that happened to be the next week. I was also telling my mom about them and made one for her birthday as well. She loves it :) This is the one I gave to Dr. McLane. I forgot to take a picture of my mom's before I sent it. The most difficult thing about making these is the numberless possibilities of cute fabric combination's. Sheesh.
Pretty simple and easy and fun to do.  

1 comment:

Becca said...

Um, ok, this could quite possibly be the cutest little rice sack I've ever seen. I think I'm might use the pattern and make a cute little owl stuffed friend for my little OJ! Love it. It's seriously so cute. Nice work!