Monday, April 23, 2012

tristan's graduation

The day we have been looking forward to for...well, a really long time, finally came!! After BYU's two-day graduation event Tristan is an official graduate!! The Perdue family arrived in town Wednesday night and we had a seven people sleep over party at our place all weekend. Thursday was Commencement in the Marriott Center where Elder Dallin H. Oaks was the main speaker. 
Tristan was sitting on the floor, 5th row back about 5 people in, in the soft chairs with the PhD and Masters graduates.
 Proud wife.
 Proud Mom.
 Proud Dad.
 Friday was Convocation in the Marriott Center where Tristan walked and received his diploma with the rest of the Marriott School of Business graduates. 
So excited I took a picture of the program. His name is on the bottom. 
His personal cheering section.
View from our seats. Tristan was on the floor, second row from the back, 4th in from the isle. Can you see him!?
Walking on stage...
On the big screen receiving his diploma.
During the ceremony they asked the spouse's of the graduates to stand and accept a round of applause.  I was brought to tears as I locked eyes with Tristan, waved, and mouthed "I love you." I am so so proud of him and all he has accomplished. It makes me incredibly happy to see him happy and successful. BYU has been an amazing journey for us and has taken us through our first 5 years of marriage. Like the big entrance sign says, we have entered to learn and will now go forth to serve. 
 Diploma in hand.
 All his MISM buddies.
 Two of his favorite teachers.
 In the Tanner building where he lived the last 3 years.
 In the MISM lounge.
Family pictures.
37 week belly documented at graduation.
Graduation is so much more fun when you already have a good job awaiting you. Congratulations Tristan Perdue! I love you.

1 comment:

D & C Larson said...

hooray hooray hooray! He did it! So excited for you two and the adventures that await you!