The week we were on the ship was a heavy milage week for my marathon training so I woke up early to get my workout in before we got off the ship everyday. This is the track I ran on. Seven laps equaled two miles.
We met up with an excursion group at 9:00am to snorkel at Paradise Cove, a more secluded beach down the coast from the port.
The excursion bused us from the port to the cove about thirty minutes away.
The first thing I noticed was how incredibly flat the Bahama islands are and that palm trees are not native to the Islands and were only planted near the ports and heavy tourist locations. The white sand and warm ocean water were amazing. Nothing like the west coast.
We had a quick pre-snorkel talk and they showed us all the coral and fish we would see.
We picked up our gear and hit the water. We went out and around the back of the rocks sticking out where there was reef, tons of coral, and a lot of different colored fish.
After getting back on the ship we napped and got ready for dinner. After dinner we walked around the ship until the evening show started.
The weather was perfect while we were there but every second I was on the boat I was freezing because of the air conditioning. I almost didn't bring a jacket but luckily grabbed one at the last second.
My favorite towel animal left on our bed, Mr. Elephant.





No comments:
Post a Comment