Tristan surprised me with a cruise to the Bahamas only ten days before our departure date! Holy cow, what a perfect surprise! I have to admit I was a bit freaked out when I realized I had to leave Callen for five days but once I came to terms with that I was really excited. We left Callen in the hands of both sets of Grandparents splitting time with them through the week. It was my first time leaving Callen overnight and luckily I did all my crying before so there were no tears when we said goodbye. On our way up to the Los Angeles Airport we made a very important and overdue stop at Cafe Rio. Pork Salad, yum! We drove to Shawn and Christin's house and they took us the rest of the way so we didn't have to park our car at the airport all week. We arrived to the airport at 8:00pm with an anticipated 10:00 departure time. After a couple hours of delay we finally were on our way to Florida just before midnight.
We were able to sleep the majority of the flight and landed in Fort Lauderdale around 8:30am Monday morning. We caught a shuttle to the Miami Port, which was about half an hour away. We arrived to the Port and waiting to board our ship. Tristan had cruised once but this was my first time and I was anxious to see what cruising was all about. We boarded our boat at noon and went straight to the restaurant to eat lunch.
Our boat was the Norwegian Sky which is a freestyle cruise. This meant we could do and eat whatever, wherever and whenever we wanted. I wouldn't want to do it any other way. There were two restaurants and two buffets on ship. Eating in the restaurants was nice because you could show up and ask the hostess for a table for two and sit by the window as we cruised. It was like going out to dinner every night. We also enjoyed eating at the buffets because we could sit outside on the deck.
View from the boat of Miami.
We explored the ship and went to check out our room. We napped and then freshened up and got ready for the night.
By 5:00 Monday evening we were on our way to the the Bahamas. We loved walking around the ship as we were moving.
Every night there was a number of different activities with the main show at 9:30. We went to bed excited to wake up in the Bahamas.



No comments:
Post a Comment