Wednesday, April 17, 2013

spaghetti is good

I am trying to let Callen start being more independent with his food. More hands on and instead of me feeding him little bites I'll give him the whole thing and let him practice taking bites. I do this mostly with crackers, sandwiches, string cheese, fruit slices, and bananas. The other night we had spaghetti and I decided to let him have at it. My inner psycho-OCD-I-hate-messes self was thinking this may be a bad idea, and yes, it was a huge mess to clean up but Callen loved it. We all loved it. I cut the noodles up into tiny pieces, just like I remember my mom doing for me, stripped the kid down to his diaper and whipped out my camera. He was a bit hesitant at first but laughed at the pile of noodles and sauce on his tray. He repeatedly handed me his fork for me to feed him and scarfed down two servings. Yum! 
You bet it was straight to the tub don't touch anything after this. 

No comments: