Friday, April 26, 2013

Miami, FL: day 5

We were both so excited to get home to Callen, and use our cell phones, that we woke up at 6:00am just as we were pulling into Miami port. 
 We took our time in the morning eating breakfast, packing, and getting ready. It took us over two hours to get off the boat and get through US Customs. It was quick and easy once we were at the counter but I think we just got off at rush hour. Luckily my Bahama sand and shells did not get confiscated. Phew. 
My BYU roommate/BFF/dance partner/soul sister picked us up from the the Miami port! I was so excited! I let her know we would be in Florida and she was so nice to drive the three hours from Orlando to come spend the afternoon with us. It had been three years since we last saw each other in Provo when she and her husband moved back to Florida and left me. 
We went to South Beach to walk around the shops and eat lunch. Best pizza ever. Wish it was in San Diego.  
 I wanted a Miami souvenir shirt so Jess and I got sweet matching beach tanks. 
 On our way to the Ft. Lauderdale airport Jess took us to the Volcom outlet. Heaven. She knows what we like. Then she dropped us off at the airport. It was the most fun five hours laughing with my friend again. And like aways, it never seemed like time had passed between us. Thank you Jess! We love you!
We caught our plane and landed in Los Angeles at 9:00pm. Minus all the travel (im not the biggest fan of travel) it was the best vacation ever! It was my perfect vacation, beach, sun, and food. I would definitely cruise again. A big thank you to my thoughtful husband. It was exactly what we needed, time alone to refresh, relax, and reconnect. 
We love you Bahamas. 

No comments: