Monday, June 6, 2011

day one

Today is day number one of my new life in solitude. Tristan packed up his car this morning to drive to San Diego for two months. It looked like he was literally moving out after packing basically his entire closet, the Wii and one of our TV's. Mmmmkay.
Tristan starts his internship with KPMG on Thursday but has a party to attend Tuesday night to welcome all the interns. It was apparent he was very excited to be on the road to start this new journey of his. 
My first day of solitude entailed working 10 1/2 hours, arriving home at 7:30 to make a dinner of spaghetti and veggies, and getting a head start on cleaning up the house, which will remain immaculate the 2 months my husband is away. I am very excited about it.
Tristan and I plan on video chatting basically every night. This will be an upgrade from the last time we were forced to spend our summer apart, seeing his adorable face will make my day. 
Surprisingly, I have a busy month planned, so don't worry about me. When forced, I can be very independent.
Yesterday, Tris and I picnicked in the park. A fun way to share our last meal together. It was a beautiful Sunday evening in Orem.
 Cooking hotdogs.
 Bustin' out the picnic set.
I'll miss having my honey with me every night but I am so excited for his awesome opportunity. 
Go get 'em babe!  

No comments: