Sunday, June 5, 2011

emery, ut

Last weekend Tristan and I had the opportunity to attend a family reunion in Emery, Utah. Population 308 people, located in the middle of nowhere, I just adore this little town. A lot of my relatives are buried in the Emery cemetery, and I have plenty of family still living there, so I have a deep connection to this place. Growing up we would go every summer to visit my great-grandma and grandpa Jensen (my Mom's grandparent's). I absolutely loved this trip. We would spend the whole time outside riding the horses, watching the cows, hiking in the mountains, and playing in the dirt.
Before the reunion started we walked over to great-grandma and grandpa's house. They have now passed but their memory and hard work lives on. They lived at the very end of West lane in a house backed by a large pasture and green mountains. 
 My great-grandpa's branding mark was this V.
It is beautiful here. Structures build by my great-grandfather still stand today. 
 As kids we would climb this tree and hang out in it all day.
We walked through the pasture.
 My cousins, Aaron and Jacob.
 Pet the horses.
At the reunion we ate some good dutch oven food and heard stories from real-life cowboys and cowgirls. Its fun to escape the real world for a day and breath the fresh mountain air.

1 comment:

Rondo Family said...

I always knew you had a little country in you. I'd almost say this goes as far as hick:) No wonder you want to go to a rodeo. Haha. And I am SO excited by the way. I was totally bummed we didn't get hang out time when you were down here, so this will be so nice! YAY:)conceos